Arlo Maritime is proud to provide you with a new set of courses. Together with our partners we have developed an introduction course in Radio Technics. This course will give the students an overview of the basic radio terms, different radio systems, fundamentals in electronics and much more. The course is directed to an audience with limited knowledge in Radio Technology. Estimated duration of the course is two days and the participants will receive a diploma when finished. Our teachers are flexible and hold classes at Arlo Maritime's office and at customers facilities if needed.
Please contact us for more info and inquiry for our course and take a look at our other courses in the list below.
The following introductory course in radio technology describes the basic technologies for wireless transmission and radio systems in general. The course gives basic knowledge in radio technology and includes transmitters, receivers, wireless transmission and information about relevant radio equipment. This course will give a basic understanding of wireless systems and may serve as an entry point for further studies in radio technology. The course consists of 9 lessons of 1 hour each. Custom radio technology courses available on request.
- Overview of radio systems. Transmitters, receivers and wireless transmission. Frequency and wavelength. Basic radio terms. Discussion of interest areas and learning aims.
- Fundamental electronics. Signal sources, frequencies, signals, modulation, time/frequency relation, decibel, Ohms law, RF power and energy, RF measuring instruments and measuring methods
- Transmitters and receivers. Structure and functionality. Block diagrams. Specifications.
- Cables, antennas and propagation issues
- Radio systems, broadcasting, HF, satellite, mobile, GPS
- Radio systems, maritime, VHF, Navtex, GMDSS, AIS
- Digital Radio Transmission
- EMC / EMI – interference problems and how to debug and solve them
- Maritime Safety and Security
- General Maritime
- Offshore. This relate to what is required to keep the area is safe and well-guarded only.
- Preparedness -
- Ready to sail
- Port ready to receive vessel.
- Emergency response plans for vessels, offshore installations ports and coastline.
- Maritime administration - duty of class society, vessels entering in and out of ports, and regulations, ship / shore.
- Port facility security officer - relates to cargo vessels entering, departing and cargo leaving port facility outward and inward.
- Harmonisation of safety and security - incorporated in number 4.
- Economics, marketing, management and operations – this will be taught at Watchman on the ground management level
- Port state and flag state control
- Pilotage - rules and laws of pilotage only
- GMDSS ROC Reduced Radio Operator Course
- GMDSS GOC General Radio Operator Course
- Class 5 Navigation - requires sea service for licensing.